Update Your Information on Our Life Support Registry
Power outages, while inconvenient, are a fact of life. Storms, car accidents and even animals can damage power lines and cause a disruption in service. For many of us, these outages are simply a hassle, but for others, they can be life-threatening.
If there is someone in your home whose health depends on an electrically operated device, it’s important that you take these necessary precautions to prepare for a power outage.
- Purchase an uninterruptable power supply, or battery backup, that can provide emergency power for a period of time.
- Invest in a portable generator that can power life-saving equipment in the event of an extended power outage.
- Plug electronic devices into surge protectors, which will protect the equipment from potential damage in the event of a power surge.
- Always keep an adequate supply of prescription drugs and medical equipment on hand in case a storm prevents you from getting refills.
- Report outages immediately by calling us at 361-364-2220 or toll-free at 888-740-2220.
- Keep a cell phone or corded landline in your home that can be used to make phone calls when the power is out.
- Let SPEC know if there’s someone in your home that relies on life-supporting medical equipment by filling out the form below. If you’re already on our life-support registry, please notify us of any changes you’ve made to your address, phone number or medical equipment.
Complete the following form and submit it, along with a physician’s directive or prescription detailing your life-support needs.